SSC CGL Exam:
SSC CGL (Staff Selection Commission – Combined Graduate Level) is an exam organised by the SSC to fill the vacancies in the subordinate offices and in ministries of Government of India. This exam is usually held in the month of June – July.
Stages of Examination:
Generally the SSC CGL exam consists of three stages Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3.
- Tier 1: The questions for Tier 1 examination comes from Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness, English, General intelligence and Reasoning. Marks & Time: 200 & 2 hours.
- Tier 2: The questions for Tier 2 comes from Quantitative Abilities and English. Marks & Time: 200 & 2 hours.
- Tier 3: You need to face the Data Entry Skill Test (DEST), Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) & Document Verification.
For more and updated information, just head to any best SSC coaching centre in Chennai.
Educational Qualification: Everyone with a Degree Completion Certificate
- Not more than 26 years for Statistical Investigator Grade 2.
- In between 20-27 for Assistant/Sub Inspector.
- In between 18-27 for Candidates who are applying for the posts like Compiler Divisional Accountant, Auditors/ UDCs /Tax Assistants, Junior Accountant & Accountant, Sub Inspector (CBN) and also for Inspector of Income Tax, Central Excise, Preventive officer, Examiner, Posts and CBN.
SSC CGL Cracking Tips:
Be Serious: The main aim of Tier 1 Examination is to eliminate the candidates without proper knowledge. So prepare well for Tier 1 exam and focus all the syllabus topics to get decent marks. Topics like QA (Quantitative Aptitude) and English will follow you in Tier 2 also.
Don’t Guess Answers: Unlike other competitive exams SSC CGL has 0.25 negative marks for every wrong answer. So don’t answer any questions by guessing try to find or derive it. It is also a best option to leave the unknown questions.
Save time in General Awareness: Time Management is one of the major parts of SSC CGL, so you can manage the given time effectively with General Awareness topic as it requires less time to find answers. Hence you can use the remaining time to focus on other topics. If you wish to join in any coaching center then consider Dream Institute, it is the best one for SSC coaching and also the best TNPSC coaching centre in Chennai.
More From My Site: